We are excited to announce the first FAN Qualifying Tournament of the 2022-2023 season brought to you by Academy Sports + Outdoors! FAN South Division will kick off the season on Saturday, September 10th on Canyon Lake, giving anglers their first shot at qualifying for the Championship with over $15,000 in scholarships and prizes.
Tournament Host Site
Canyon Lake Marina
280 Marina Drive
Canyon Lake, TX
September 10, 2022
· Check in will start at 5:00am, there will be a boat safety check and we will release boats in numerical order at safe light.
· Adult captains may launch at other ramps but must have their boat for check-in at the official launch site the morning of the tournament.
· Boat numbers will be randomly picked on Thursday and posted by Friday Evening.
· All rules should be understood and be mindful that FAN will utilize polygraph during the 2022-2023 season. FAN RULES
· Student anglers 17 and older must have a valid TX Fishing License.
· We will message last minute changes or updates on the FAN Facebook page
Who is eligible?
Registration is open to all 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students. The entry fee for each tournament is $50 per boat with two team members and a qualified captain. Each team member must be a FAN member. Contestants must also have the signature of a parent or legal guardian in the provided space on the liability form of the online membership registration. Each team must consist of two eligible student contestants and one adult boat captain.
Weigh in – First flight is due in at 2PM at the holding tanks. You MUST be checked in at the check station on your designated flight time or be counted late. If you are not weighing in fish, you still have to check in to indicate you’re off the lake or you will not be awarded points.
Registration- All teams must register by Wednesday September 7th by 9PM CST.
Registration deadline is the Wednesday prior to the tournament via online registration and payment only. Late registrations may be considered Saturday for complete teams only and will be added to the bottom of the boat launch sequence. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding registration or if you will register late.
About the lake:
Canyon Lake is located on the Guadalupe River in Comal County, Texas. Canyon Lake has 80 miles of scenic shoreline and covers an 8,230 surface acre area. You will find Canyon Lake located approximately half way between San Antonio and Austin, approximately 14 miles northwest of New Braunfels on FM 306 west from IH-35.
Canyon Lake is one of the deepest lakes in Texas with an average depth of 43 feet and is great for fishing. The reservoir was first stocked in the 1970’s and has an abundance of Largemouth Bass, Catfish, and White & Striped Bass.
Captains will also be recognized with the Academy Captains Awards including a $50 Academy gift card for the winning Captain and another $50 Academy gift card in a random Captains drawing.