CAPTAIN INCENTIVE AND FAQ’s
Captains are vital to the success of any High School Fishing Program, typically we see about 60 percent of High School Students have a dad or mentor committed to captain a team. This leaves many youth that really want to hit the water unable to participate in High School tournaments.
FAN High School Fishing is proud to be working with sponsors that want to make being a captain exciting and rewarding, and we are committed to continue to build the Captain Incentive Program as we grow.
We have heard that the real reward is spending time and sharing skills with the youth and watching them learn and grow on the water, and we truly believe once you captain a team you will be returning again and again.
However for those that want a little more incentive here you go!
Marine Outlet Incentive
- Captains with the 1st and 2nd place finishing High School Team with a qualify Marine Outlet boat will win $100 Marine Outlet Gift Card for first place and $50.00 Marine Outlet for second place.
- Qualifying boats includes any new or used boat purchased at Marine Outlet and any service customer that has had work performed on his boat by Marine Outlet in the past 12 months.
Academy Captains Award
- FAN High School Fishing Series will award the Captain of the highest finishing High School Team $100 Academy Gift Card.
- Captain Drawing- All captains will be in a draw for a $100 Academy Gift Card.( during qualifying events)
- Championship Drawing – We will have 2 drawings at the Championship
- Volunteer Captains Only that have captained in 4 events $200 Academy Gift Cards
*Volunteers constitute captains that do not have a child/step child in the tournaments
- Family Captains that have captained in 4 events $200 Academy Gift Cards
SuperNova Fishing Lights
- Captain Drawing for a SuperNova Nav Kit – $89.00 Value
What Does the Boat Captain Do?
Boat captains are adults age 19+ that will drive the boat anytime the gas engine is used. The FAN HS Series will allow the boat captains to fish, but their catch may not contribute to the students’ weight for competition. Boat captains are primarily boat drivers and can advise the students on fishing. The captain’s goal should be to help the students be better anglers, safe boaters, and to catch fish. Sometimes there will be special captains’ tournaments where the students and captains can fish as a team for a combined weight. Always pay attention to the tournament rules each time and if it is not clear then ask.
What about Liability?
TBF and the Student Angler Federation covers our club events with very good insurance. From highschoolfishing.org: Every member, boat captain, and SAF club will have insurance coverage for all official SAF school club events. To include $1 million of Liability coverage, $25,000 Excess Medical Coverage, $1 Million for any allegations of misconduct and $25,000 ‘Amber Alert’ coverage to find a lost child. More information about the coverage can be found here