Student Anglers will be competing on Canyon Lake for a chance to qualify for the Championship in May with over $12000.00 in Scholarships and prizes
Canyon Lake Marina
280 Marina Drive Canyon Lake, TX
WHEN: February 27, 2021
- Check in will start at 5:00am, there will be a boat safety check and we will release boats in numerical order at safe light.
- Adult captains are encouraged to use other ramps there is very limited parking at the marina. All teams will be required to check-in at the official launch site the morning of the tournament before launch.
- Boat numbers will be randomly picked on Thursday and posted by Friday Evening.
- All rules should be understood and be mindful that FAN will utilize polygraph during the 2020-2021 season. FAN RULES
- Student anglers 17 and older must have a valid TX Fishing License.
- We will message last minute changes or updates on the FAN Facebook page
Who is eligible?
Registration is open to all 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students. The entry fee for each tournament is $40 a boat with two team members and a qualified captain. Each team member must be a FAN member. Contestants must also have the signature of a parent or legal guardian in the provided space on the liability form of the online membership registration. Each team must consist of two eligible student contestants and one adult boat captain.
Weigh in – First flight is due in at 2PM at the holding tanks. You MUST be checked in at the check station on your designated flight time or be counted late. If you are not weighing in fish, you still have to check in to indicate you’re off the lake or you will not be awarded points.
Registration- All teams must register by Wednesday February 24th by 9PM CST.
Registration deadline is the Wednesday prior to the tournament via online registration and payment only. Late registrations may be considered Saturday for complete teams only and will be added to the bottom of the boat launch sequence. Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding registration or if you will register late.
About the lake:
Canyon Lake is located on the Guadalupe River in Comal County, Texas. Canyon Lake has 80 miles of scenic shoreline and covers an 8,230 surface acre area. You will find Canyon Lake located approximately half way between San Antonio and Austin, approximately 14 miles northwest of New Braunfels on FM 306 west from IH-35.
Canyon Lake is one of the deepest lakes in Texas with an average depth of 43 feet and is great for fishing. The reservoir was first stocked in the 1970’s and has an abundance of Largemouth Bass, Catfish, and White & Striped Bass.
Captains will also be recognized with the Academy Captains Awards including a $50 Academy gift card for the winning Captain and another $50 Academy gift card in a random Captains drawing.