For Immediate Release:
From: Faith Angler Network
RE: FAN High School Fishing Series
February 11, 2015
Contact: Justin Rieger
Faith Angler Network High School Fishing Series heads to Canyon Lake March 7, 2015
Hosted by South Texas Bass Commanders Youth Fishing Program
This will be the second of four qualifying events in the FAN High School Series where qualifying student anglers will compete to qualify for the 2015 FAN High School Championship with over $5000 in scholarships and prizes.
To qualify for the 2015 FAN High School Championship student anglers must have competed in at least two qualifying tournaments. There are two methods to qualify once you have met the minimum number of events.
- #1 Top 10%-Student Anglers that finishing in the top 10% of any qualifying tournament
- #2- Top 50% of your designated High School fishing program that meets the minimum number of events will earn a berth to the championship.
We are also excited to announce the Berkley Angler/s of the Year award- The 2014/15 Angler of the year will receive a coveted Select Angler Status with the Purefishing Family. This pro-staff status offer the Select Angler a discount on Purefishing products.
Captains will also be recognized with the Academy Captains Awards including (2) $100 Academy gift cards, and the SuperNova Navigation drawing. Captains Incentives and FAQ
Who is eligible.
Registration is open to all 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students. The entry fee for each tournament is $40 a boat with no more than two team members and each team member must be a TBF Student Angler Federation (SAF) member, in addition to the one time FAN High School Fishing Series Membership of $10.00 per individual. Contestants must also have the signature of a parent or legal guardian in the provided space on the liability form.
How to Register
Registration deadline will Thursday March 5th 6PM.
FAN High School Fishing Series Rules and Regulations entry fee will be $40 per team. After that time, a $10 late registration fee will be assessed until the start of the tournament and at that time no more registrations will be accepted. Late registrations will not affect the number of places awarded for the tournament.
· Registration can be made online at https://faithanglernetwork.com
- All new members will receive a membership bag with a FAN HS T-Shirt, Decal, and a FAN-Academy hand towel.
Canyon Lake Park Ramp #18
http://www.cceo.org/gis/maps/BoatRampMap.pdf – Look for Ramp #18
C1: Canyon Park
- North side of the lake about 5 miles north of Canyon City. From FM 306, turn left at Hancock Center (blinking yellow light). Follow the road south approximately 2 miles into the Corps of Engineers park and follow signs to ramp.
- This park is closed officially and only will be open for this day, you will need to use another “Open” ramp for practice purpose.
Check in will start at 5:00 am, ramp 18. There will be a boat safety check and we will release boats in numerical order at safe light approximately 6:50
Weigh in will be at the Pavilion, you will need to be checked in at the ramp dock by 2PM.
Faith Angler Network is a 501©3 non-profit organization serving the Central Texas Area with Youth Fishing Events/ Charity Events/ Military Supported and Awareness Events/ Professional Run Bass Tournaments