FAN South heads to Medina Lake for Qualifier #2 of the season! For the first time ever, a FAN tournament will be held on beautiful Medina Lake, located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. This lake has rebounded nicely from the drought several years ago and is primed to provide another opportunity for Student Anglers to earn a spot in in the Championship happening in May hosted by Visit Conroe.
Tournament Host Site:
Bandera County Medina Lake Park
14444 PR 37
Lakehills, TX 78063
Saturday, February 22, 2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Check in will start at 5:00 AM. There will be a boat safety check and we will release boats in numerical order at safe light.
- Launching from other areas/ramps is permitted, but captains/anglers must have their boat for check-in at the official launch of boats in numbered order.
- There is a $5 park entrance fee which must be paid before exiting the park. Envelopes will be available upon entering the park that morning.
- Boat numbers will be randomly picked on Thursday and posted by Friday Evening.
- All rules should be understood and be mindful that FAN will utilize polygraph during the 2019-2020 season. FAN RULES
- Student anglers 17 and older must have a valid TX Fishing License.
- We will message last minute changes or updates on the FAN Facebook page
Who is eligible?
Registration is open to all 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students. The entry fee for each tournament is $40 a boat with two team members and a qualified captain. Each team member must be a FAN member. Contestants must also have the signature of a parent or legal guardian in the provided space on the liability form of the online membership registration. Each team must consist of two eligible student contestants and one adult boat captain.
Weigh in – First flight is due in at 2PM at the holding tanks. You must be checked in at the check-in station on your designated flight time or be counted late. NOTE: The weigh-in station is NOT the check-in station. Look for the large flag designating the check-in station. If you do not check in after getting off the water, you will not receive any AOY points for the tournament.
Registration- All teams must register by Wednesday, February 19th by 9PM CST.
Registration deadline will be the Wednesday prior to the tournament via online registration and payment only. Late registrations may be considered Saturday for complete teams only and will be added to the bottom of the boat launch sequence. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding registration or if you will register late.
About the lake:
Medina lake is a reservoir on the Medina River located 40 miles northwest of San Antonio, Texas in Bandera and Medina counties. Medina Dam, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was completed in 1913, creating the lake to supply irrigation water for local agricultural use, but it is now also used for recreation purposes. At the time of the dam’s construction, it was the largest concrete dam in the country and the fourth largest dam overall. Medina Lake covers over 5,000 acres of surface area and reaches a maximum depth of 152 feet.
Captains will also be recognized with the Academy Captains Awards including a $50 Academy gift card for the winning Captain and random drawing