FAN South’s final qualifier of the year will be held on Choke Canyon Reservoir Saturday, April 10th , where the FAN South Angler of the Year Award and $1,500 Scholarship will be presented.
It’s tight race for FAN South Angler of the Year with only 14 points separating first and second place –Tied for first with 997 points are Rance Penick and Kase Kramer from Fredericksburg Battlin’ Bass. In second place is Kyle Castillo from Bass Club of Champions and tied for third are Hagen Jacoby and Lincoln Staats from Fredericksburg. With some big bags expected to weigh in, anything can happen on Saturday!
By all accounts, Choke Canyon is fishing very well right now and it should be a very exciting day with some very large bags showing up at weigh in. In addition to the Top 10% of finishers who will qualify for the FAN Championship on Lake Conroe May 2-3, this is the final opportunity to get that 3rd tournament in for those who have not done so!
Tournament Host Site: Calliham Unit – Choke Canyon State Park
358 Recreation Road 8, Calliham, TX 78007, United
Saturday, April 10th
Check in will start at 6:00 AM, there will be a boat safety check and we will release boats in numerical order at safe light.
- PLEASE make sure to pay your $5 Day Use Fee online BEFORE THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT, PRINT THE PERMIT AND PLACE IT ON YOUR DASHBOARD. You will get ticketed unless you do this! We will have the link on our FB page or you can go to texasstateparks.reserveamerica.com
- Adult captains can launch at other ramps but must have their boat for check-in and the official launch of boats in numbered order.
- Boat numbers will be randomly picked on Thursday and posted by Friday Evening.
- Student anglers 17 and older must have a valid Tx Fishing License.
- We will message last minute changes or updates on the FAN Facebook page
Weigh in – First flight is due in at 2PM at the FAN Trailer. You must be checked in at the check station on your designated flight time or be counted late.
Registration deadline will be the Wednesday prior to the tournament via online registration and payment only. Late registrations may be considered Saturday for complete teams only and will be added to the bottom of the boat launch sequence. Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding registration or if you will register late.
Captains will also be recognized with the Academy Captains Awards including a $50 Academy gift card for the winning Captain and random drawing
YOU MUST HAVE AN ADULT CAPTAIN AND TWO QUALIFIED STUDENTS OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Only Captains and student anglers allow in boat during tournament.
All FAN Anglers must be registered to the FAN GroupMe App and check-in with text messaging when prompted by FAN on the morning of the tournament.
FOR RULES AND REGULATIONS CLICK HERE
Check out the new FAN TV – Subscribe and like us on FB for all the latest news and updates.